The TCHC trustees are delighted to announce that Chernor Jallow is the first recipient of the Bendon Bursary.
Chernor submitted a very detailed application before the March 31, 2018 deadline which in turn was scrutinised by a panel. His nomination was approved by the trustees at their meeting in May.
Below is a copy of his application matching the criteria required. It certainly demonstrates a commitment to pursuing study and a higher qualification while at the same time working hard in his place of work. The trustees are delighted to be able to assist even if in a small way.
BENDON BURSARY APPLICATION 2018
Family Name: JALLOW First Name: CHERNOR.H.
Current post at TCHC: NURSE/PUBLIC HEALTH OFFICER
Title of course of study: Bsc. Public & Environmental Health Sciences
Length of course of study: FOUR (4) YEARS
Current year of study: SECOND SEMESTER (1ST YEAR)
Place of study: THE UNIVERSITY OF THE GAMBIA
Cost of fees per annum: DALASIS D37, 000.00
BREAK DOWN: TUITION FEES D36,000.00 Other COSTS D1,000.00
Evidence of registration attached: YES
Statement of University/College/Educational Institution support attached: NO
Date started work at TCHC: NOVEMBER 2017 Full Time
MAY 2013 to SEPT 2015 Volunteer
Describe your work at TCHC : I am on my second services to Tallinding Children Health Centre (TCHC). On the course of my services, I engage in the following:
- Consult patients/clients at the Out-Patient Department (OPD).
- Render basic nursing procedures to patients/clients.
- Triage both children and adult at the clinic.
- Render first aid services to victims or clients.
- Coordinate all clinical activities in the clinic.
- Indulge in active disease surveillance in order to response early on diseases that are of public health importance.
- Help in linking the clinic with the government (Ministry of Health) and lobbying for support.
- Endeavour in seeing all the children registered in the clinic are fully immunized against vaccine preventable diseases.
- Health educates care givers on good nutrition and positive health behaviors.
- Promote healthy lifestyle among patients diagnosed with chronic and non-communicable diseases.
- Ensure the clinic is environmental friendly to children and care givers.
Chernor Jallow’s Exam Results